Rediscovered Books -- Love & Poetionpics MICRO-Fiction/poetry Contest!
Hello Rediscovered Books lovers! ANNOUNCING the first Valentine’s Day Love & Poetionpics Micro-Fiction Contest!
1st place = Instant publication of your story on Boise’s newest social media publishing website: Poetionpics (pronounced like “potion picks”) as well as having your story made into a new type of digital ebook that you may instantly share onto other social media sites, a $25 Rediscovered Books gift card, & a chance to read your story to a live audience on Feb 18th at Rediscovered Books!
2nd place = Instant publication on poetionpics.com as well as a copy of your story in digital ebook form, a $15 Rediscovered Books gift card, & a live audience reading at Rediscovered Books.
3rd place = Instant Poetionpics publication & your story in digital ebook form, a $10 Rediscovered Books gift card, & a live audience reading.
The other top seven runners-up will have their stories posted on the Poetionpics social media pages using our digital mini-ebooks each day of the week leading up to the big event Feb.18th! Everyone will have their stories published on the Poetionpics Our World (it’s our Tumblr-style news feed) page as well.
HERE are the guidelines & rules:
1) 250 word limit, not including writer’s name or title of work & only one entry per writer.
2) Stories may be fiction, creative non-fiction, or prose poetry, but must include 3 - 5 photos of your choice belonging to you. Stories must also include the LOVE FACTOR (let that mean to you what it will - it is Valentine’s season after all).
3) Include engaging narrative with compelling characters & settings, the ability to entertain & instruct. All works must be ORIGINALS, including photos.
4) One of these five line MUST be included in work: “I Read The Signs” OR “Bomb Boy Redux” OR “Unwriting A Letter” OR “New City VI” OR “We Do Not Eat Our Hearts Alone”.
5) DEADLINE is midnight, Wednesday, February 8th.
Winners will be notified by 2/13 & the publication countdown of the top 10 submissions will begin on that day. The top 3 winners will be invited to present their work at Rediscovered Books February 18th, at 6:00pm.
Email your stories to email@example.com with your name & full contact information in the body of the email & a WORD of PDF file of your story attached. All five lines to be included in the stories are taken from last year’s #storyfort presenters. VERY cool stuff. Be sure to check out the new line up coming in March!