We only give in-store trade credit for used book buys.
What we buy:
- All kinds of books in good condition
- We prefer paperback over hardcover titles with exceptions in history, cookbooks and children's picture books
What we do not buy:
- Books in poor condition:
- Water damaged
- Torn covers/dust jackets
- Hardcovers with out dust jackets
- Books with highlighting/underlining/stains
- Books with broken spines
- Books with odor or mildew
- Books that we do not sell:
- Book Club editions
- Ex-library books
- Promotional items/advanced reader’s copies
- Reader’s digest condensed books
- Most hardcover genre fiction (mystery, romance, science fiction, etc.)
- Encyclopedias or partial sets of books
- Most textbooks
- Books that do not reflect our store inventory
- Books with out of date information (travel, current events, etc.)
How we buy:
We will sort through your books to choose those we think we can sell and make an offer in store credit based on our experience.
You can bring us books whenever we are open. If a used book buyer is not available, we will have you fill out a slip and the used book buyer will look through them as soon as possible and call you to let you know how much we can give you for them. We will hold the books that we do not want for 48 hours from the date we call you. If you do not come to get these books they will be donated to charity.
We do not have used book buyers available on Saturdays.
Please bring no more than 2 bags or boxes each week. If you have a large number of books that you have to bring in because you are moving please call us and let us know two days in advance. 376.4229