Full Time Bookseller
Applications Open until July 1, 2021
Have you always wanted to work in a bookstore? Are you a resource for your friends on what to read next? Do you feel most yourself with a book in your hands?
Rediscovered Books is looking for a full time and part-time booksellers to work at our Boise and Caldwell locations.
The primary goal of Rediscovered Books is to create a place filled with fascinating books and ideas for people of all ages where the staff has extensive knowledge, skill and passion to share it with others, and where readers of all types can find and buy books that they love. With three locations, Rediscovered Books reaches many readers in the Treasure Valley and beyond and has become a landmark in the community for supporting and caring for books.
As a bookseller you will work on the retail store floor to help customers find and purchase great books, share information about our programs and events with customers, manage store sections, help curate our inventory, and create inviting displays.
Starting wage: $13/hr with benefits
Ideal candidates will have/be
- A passion for talking with people about books, and a proclivity for reading across genres.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Self-directed and proactive.
- Able to lift a 40 lb box of books.
- Able to consistently work nights and weekends
In addition, these qualifications are preferred but not required:
- Previous bookselling or retail experience.
- Commitment to a long-term career in bookselling.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree.