Meet the Book Seller and Downtown Store Manager - Rebecca Crosswhite
Meet Rebecca C!
- How long have you worked at Rediscovered Books? 4 1/2 years
- What 3 books are currently on your bedside table? All debut authors because of the Indie Next Kids panel that I am on, The Places We Sleep by Caroline Brooks Dubois, Your Corner Dark by Desmond Hall
- What genre(s) do you most prefer to read? Children's Lit, Sci-Fi, Picture Books, Horror, Teen Sci-Fi, Teen Fiction, and Board Books (because her daughter Juniper is 2)
- What book do you most recommend that everyone should read and why? Ghost Boys by Jewll Parker Rhodes. She does an amazing job of talking about a super hard subject and making it appropriate for children.
- What are your hobbies (other than reading)? Camping, golfing, playing at the park with Juniper.
- What do you like best about working at Rediscovered Books? Talking to kids about what they are reading, what they like and don't like, and what they should try next.
Rebecca's Staff Picks:
Elephant and Piggy - We are in a Book by Mo Willems
Raymie Nightengale by Kate DiCamillo
Louisiana's Way Home by Kate DiCamillo
Beverly, Right Here by Kate DiCamillo
Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Zoey and Sassafrass - Dragons and Marshmallows by Asia Citro
Good Dog, Carl by Alexandra Day (Rebecca has her own "Good Dog Carl" at home)
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
Breakout by Kate Messmer
Potato Pants by Laurie Keller
Orphan Island by Laurel Snyder
Magical Animal Adoption Agency by Kallie George
Sal and Gabi Break the Universe by Carlos Hernandez