#ReadFreelyProject - Round 1 - July Distribution
Woo hoo! Here we are with our first distribution for our Read Freely Project 2022! Our first distribution has 26 volunteers with 260 books going out into the Treasure Valley. So excited to see these books leave the store and move into people's hands. However, it is not too late if you are interested in participating in our Read Freely Project for August and September.
How it works:
1. Choose one of these seven titles.
2. Fill out our online form.
3. Pick up your books on your chosen launch dates.
4. Give away your books!
This is a FREE program.
The only catch? We want people to give these books away in person! Please no online give aways. Whether they are people you love, friendly acquaintances, or strangers at your favorite gym or coffee shop; we find that the best conversations are started when we give books to people we can quite literally hand them to!
More people reading more books, and talking about them with each other, opens the path for more connections between people.
This project is about breaking down barriers and providing access to books and stories reflecting issues and stories that are relevant and that matter. Our right to read, widely and without constraint or censorship - from authors outside our experience, to the unknown and unexpected—is no freedom to be taken lightly.
Last summer we had 75 participants who gave away a total of 750 books during 3 give away sessions in July, August, and September. For 2022, we hope to fund at least 100 participants for a total of 1000 books. In order to do that, our fundraising goal for 2022 is $10,000.
How Can you help?
There are two main avenues for you to help with this project:
- Fund the Project!
- Donate to this project through the Cabin. Donations are tax deductible.
- Purchase a READ FREELY sticker (or lots of them!) for yourself and for your friends, family, and random strangers.
- Donate $100 to sponsor a bag of 10 books of your choosing from our selection. You or your organization will be credited with the donation. Make sure to note the book choice and name when you donate.
- Purchase “Read Freely” t-shirts. Proceeds will support the purchase of books for the project.
- Be a Read Freely Volunteer!
- Sign Up to be a Read Freely Volunteer to give away 10 copies of your chosen book.
- Receive approval on your application. (may take a few days after the deadline.)
- Pick up your books at your chosen location and date (August 1, September 1).
- Give away the books!
- Volunteer applications for August and September are now live. If you are interested in an August distribution, the deadline is 7/15/2022.