Actions You Can Take in the Treasure Valley
Get the Word Out
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper
- Post something on your Social Media networks
- Talk to friends and acquaintances about what is going on
Contact Your Legislator
Show Your Support for Local Libraries
- Make a video and post it on your favorite social media platform talking about why you love your local library. Post it using the hashtag #LetIdahoRead.
- Write to your local school and community librarians to share your support. Let your principals, superintendents, and school board members know how important it is to protect the freedom to read.
Support the Idaho Library Association
- Your membership and donation can help with advocacy against censorship and access to books and libraries at the state level in Idaho.
Buy an official ILA "Let Idaho Read" t-shirt
- As of 3/8/2023, you have helped to raise nearly $5,500.
Support the Read Freely Project
This project is a proactive movement against censorship.
We started the Read Freely Project in 2021 to highlight and distribute recent titles that are diverse, brilliant, and vulnerable to censorship in the current social climate.
Last year, members of the community gave away 750 books in the Treasure Valley and had some incredible conversations!
In 2022, we gave out 1,000 books to the Treasure Valley, and this year, 2023, we gave out 1,500!
Donate today for 2024's #ReadFreelyProject!
Participate in an Event
Follow the Nampa Banned Book Club on Facebook for more on local events.
Register to vote - VoteIdaho.gov has all the information that you need to get started!
Visit the Action Station at Rediscovered Books to see what else you can do!